Tuesday 13 May 2014

An adventure (or so they say!)

This will be my last post for a few weeks!
This is because on Monday (19th) I'm setting off on a 209 mile walk coast to coast (Cumbria to Scarborough) in aid of Sport Relief. 
This sounds absolutely mental...and it is. It absolutely is. But it's for an amazing charity who do outstanding work all over the UK and that's why I'm doing it. Well, that's the main reason.

The fantastically charming Richard Curtis did in fact NOT call me and say "we love all these celeb types doing crazy things but we thought we'd ask a normal person" No, in fact it was my (just as charming) sister who instructed that I join her in this trek. I felt it only fair that I then instruct my best friend that she will also be joining us. 

So the 3 of us are doing it! 

We are walking for 12 days and camping (oh yes, camping..!) for 11 nights. 

Now i think it's important to mention that I am, in no way, shape or form, an 'outside' kind of girl. Unless of course it involves high heels, large cocktails and a funky tune...which this, does not. I haven't been camping since I was a child and I'd much rather go to the pub than the gym. Saying all that, I've packed my sparkly heels aways, worn in the walking boots and actually had a go at putting a tent up. I'm definitely getting there!

I'll be updating twitter (@alexenesn) and Facebook (Coast to Coast - Sport Relief 2014) as often as I can and have also enlisted in friends help to do this for the days when we have no signal (tents come with wi-fi though right?) 

I have the number for mountain rescue and I'm praying I don't end up being hoisted off a cliff by a helicopter (it could happen) 

Please wish me luck, check out my Facebook and twitter and I'll be posting again in June; when I'm back, safely in my stilettos. 

Love Alexene x




1 comment:

  1. haha brilliantly written..
    Wish all three of you the most good luck and completely believe that you can do this!
    Buy a solar panel for your backpack to charge your phone and get some beats going to walk too! :)

    Look forward to reading about your journey and wish you safe travels.x

    Caroline.x

    ReplyDelete