Thursday 24 April 2014

Party, Goose & Walks!

So, as i said in the my last (very brief) post, I’ve been away from the blogging game for a few months and have recently been inspired by my friend’s blog.

I’ve been up to so much in the last few months and there’s no way i can fit it all in here without you getting completely bored and giving up reading this (please don’t). So I’m going to try and pick out the main things.

I turned 30 in November (gulp) and did so in style by throwing a huge ‘Mad Hatters Tea Party’ themed party, complete with hats, tea cups and scones. It was an amazing night, of what i can remember, and was so lovely to see so many of my friends and family all in one place.

I went to Dawn O’ Porters book signing at the beginning of April. This was to launch her new book, Goose, a follow up to Paper Aeroplanes following the ups and downs of best friends Renee and Flo.
I really enjoyed Paper Aeroplanes and finished it within a few days, it’s safe to say that this process was repeated with Goose.
It’s a lovely read about 2 very different best friends and all that goes with being a teenager in the 90’s. I found myself laughing out load, cringing at the familiarity of the some of the situations the girls found themselves in and urging myself to pick it up at any given time.
If you haven’t read it, read Paper Aeroplanes first then jump head first into Goose.
Meeting Dawn was lovely too. She’s such a ‘normal’ humble girl and i loved listening to her stories of how these 2 characters came about.
I’m a huge Dawn O’Porter fan (Dawnie? O’Porter’sPal?, I’ll keep thinking!)  and really looking forward to her new vintage clothes programme ‘This old thing’.

Oh, and I’m also in preparations to walk Coast to Coast for Sport Relief!
This is huge for me. I’m not a walker, I’m not a camper, in fact, I’m not a sporty person at all...ever, yet here i am walking from left to right of the country, with sister and best friend in tow all for charity.
We set off on 19th May (that’s just under 4 weeks by the way!!) and walk for 12 days (that’s 209 miles) and yes, I’m getting very nervous.

Hope that’s enough to keep you going for a few days, I’ll be back very soon!

Love Alexene x


No comments:

Post a Comment